Front door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a upvc door and the door frame inside the house seems to be coming away. Just after advise on a fix? It varies around the frame, but its all across the top and slightly down the sides. Its definitely the frame that's come away because if I push on the door I can see movement.any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Is it really just that? Such a relief! Am I correct i correct that I just simply tighten the screws then re seal? Might I add that we get quite a breeze coming through

Sponsored Links
Is it really just that? Such a relief! Am I correct i correct that I just simply tighten the screws then re seal? Might I add that we get quite a breeze coming through
If as you say the frame is visibly moving when you exert pressure on it then yes, the fixings need addressing. This might simply be a case of needing to tighten the fixings, so I'd try that first. But don't go crazy over-tightening. If you find any of the fixings aren't getting a proper grip e.g. fixing keeps turning or secures and then comes loose again, this indicates the hole into which the fixing goes is slightly too large, thus not allowing the fixing to grip properly. In that scenario you might need to try slightly larger or different fixings. Once you're confident the frame is secure, seal around the edge with decent quality sealant and that should be you :)

p.s. if the door's quite recently installed and/or still under warranty, get the company back out to rectify the issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back