Front door locks

26 Sep 2013
Reaction score
South Glamorgan
United Kingdom
I need to change the locks on my front door, it's a wood door that currently has a nightlatch and lower mortice. I'd like to just swap both out and get the highest security ones I can to replace them. Can anyone advise, on models to go for? I've seen you can buy a standard yale nightlatch then replace the lock itself for a Mul-T-Lock. Is that worth doing?

Sponsored Links
How much do you want to spend and are you able to adjust the door?
I don't see the point in fitting a Mul-T-Lock to a standard Yale nightlatch. Standard nightlatchs are just to stop the wind opening the door.

Change your nightlatch to a British Standard one. Like the Yale PBS1/2 or Union 4L67E (Chubb 4L67E). You will need to adjust the door and frame.

For the mortice lock look for a British Standard one like the UNION Strongbolt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links