Front door not sealed

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read on this forum about using a piece of paper to check if a door is sealed, and it is quite clear that my front door is not sealing properly. (The draft on windy days also made it clear!) In fact it looks like the door is slightly bowed. The composite door was put in about 18 months ago by a Fensa registered installer who did all our windows at the same time.

Is this something that should be covered by Fensa's warranty? Should the installer be expected to investigate this (and possibly rectify it), or after 18 moths should I consider it out of warrant?

Sponsored Links
Should all be covered by warranty. Fensa won't be interested as they don't cover warranty work, they are just a Competent Person Scheme that ensures all proper Building regs etc are followed.

As goes the door sash , it could well be bowed , I have seen some of the dark woods Comp doors bow within a year , when south facing, especially with the continued heat we had last year. I bet your installer never told you to lift the handle up to completely close the door every time you go through it? This ensures the locking points are engaged and limits the amount a door can bow as it is fixed at top middle and bottom... I have had one supplier tell me in no uncertain terms that this is the reason they bow , lack of pulling the handle up, also the amount of times I speak to people and they say they have a draft , only to find out the handle hasn't been pulled up , thus engaging the compression as the door fully locks. The Comp door supplier will have tolerances for how much it is bowed before it is replaced under the warranty ( if it is indeed bowed as it may just need some adjustment)

Best bet contact the installer , if they are any good they will come and look and take the necessary actions

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back