Front Door Step Help...

gtm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, hope your all well...

I'm looking for some help on how to best tackle this...
IMAG0419_zps27571a7c.jpg

It looks like cememt has been used in the past (I THINK) can anyone recomend what type of adhesive I should use? Or if I should indeed be using cement, if thats the case what mix would that be?

I guess I'll start by removing all the old adhesive until I'm left with just the concrete step, and then work from there... Only thing I'm worried about it how thick the layer of adhesive is going to end up being.

Thanks very very much for looking!

Sponsored Links
you can use a proper adhesive for quarry tiles or you can mix a batch of mortar up and lay the tiles into that, but I recommend you get as much of the old mix off the back of the tiles as possible

thanks so much for the reply fella

if you were to use mortor what mix would that be? Sorry its that a silly question but mortor/cement and the such like really isnt my field of knowledge it has to be said! Is mortor just straight mortor and theres no other way of mixing it, i.e. you dont add sand to it?

thanks again for the reply!

mix a bit sand and cement together, 3 parts sand to 1 part cement, fill in the low parts, when that has went nearly dry, mix some cement with water to make a slurry mix ( not thick like for brick laying ) pour the slurry mix and spread it over the step, lay your tiles into it and let them set, then I would mix a slurry again and grout with that

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back