front porche roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i wish to build a pitched porche roof replacing a flat one i need diagrams to help build and also advice on materials :D

Sponsored Links
first you need to decide which type of pitched roof would best suit your situation.
hipped, gable or lean-to.

look at the main house roof then decide.

also the pitch of the roof is important.

look at the house roof and decide if you would like to mimic this as near as possible.

once you have decided on roof type and pitch make sure the roof tiles, you have in mind are suitable for the pitch.

once you have finally decided all these, it would be wise to make sure the rainwater gulley is accessible too.

if your not following any of this, don't attempt to build your own roof.

i cant help it so apologies in advance, but would a pitched roof on a porche not look silly? how would you see to drive with a roof in the way?

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 07:04 Post Subject: front porche roof

Sponsored Links
A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.
"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"
The blonde said, "How about £50?" The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage. The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, "Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?" The man replied, "She should. She was standing on the porch."
About an hour later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.
"You're finished already?" he asked. "Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over so I gave it two coats. "Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the £50. "And by the way," the blonde added, "It isn't a Porch, it's a Ferrari."

Sorry. Couldn't resist :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back