Frost protection help--Worcester Bosch 30si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just had a worcester bosch 30 si fitted last week and would like some advice please

Does the frost protection kick in even if i have set the central heating temperature control to number 5 with timed on and off events only????
In other words on at 6am off at 8 am then on at 4pm and off at 10pm...so between say midnight and 6am there is no heat on

All i see in the manual is :-
FROST PROTECTION
-Leave master switch on
-Turn the central heating temperature control
to frost protection
-If the temperature falls to 5°C within the boiler it
will fire to avoid the possibility of freezing

This to me says i need to turn the temp control dial to the frost protection setting everytime the temp is gonna drop below 5 degree C or just leave the heating on all the time and turn the thermostate down low before bedtime. This would mean more cost, wasted heat and when getting up in the morning the temperature in the house would be low due to the setting on the stat!

Boiler is located in the garage and it gets cold in there...i did have a SIME super 90 for 14 years previous and just left this on timed events full stop without any issues of this nature--frosting--and there has been some pretty cold winters in that time. Just want to make sure this one lasts just as long if not longer

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back