Frost protection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again everyone. I recently made a thread regarding my boiler always heating up water during the day but managed to solve that problem on my own with a tinker through the settings.

My new question is since the temps outside have dropped a bit my boiler has been in constant frost protection mode for the last 24 plus hours. Is this costing me a fortune or is it energy sufficient?

As said in the other thread work at this time of year is not exactly booming so would like to save as much penny's as possible.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler in a garage or outhouse? Fitting a frost thermostat linked to a pipe thermostat on the return pipe is normally a much better set up than using the boilers inbuilt frost protection. And make sure your pipes are well insulated as well.

No mate the boiler is inside. The thermostat is outside on the wall but faces where their is no sun shine during winter months. Does that help at all? Do not really know much about boilers it took me forever to figure out how to stop it heating water for no reason

Sponsored Links
I don't have any experience with the viessmann weather compensation controls so I can't help you.

Maybe someone else on here might

I would ring viessmann and ask them for advice on the best settings to use. Or you could try asking the installer

I don't have any experience with the viessmann weather compensation controls so I can't help you.

Maybe someone else on here might

I would ring viessmann and ask them for advice on the best settings to use. Or you could try asking the installer

No worries mate I will figure it out. Already tried to ring Viessmann yesterday they were as helpful as a chocolate tea pot. Im sure the guy had his feet up watching TV playing world of war craft. Will try to google it a bit more. What would your experience say though do boilers use a lot of energy on frost protection?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back