Full bodied porcelain tiles v ordinary porcelain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand that full bodied porcelain tiles has the colour of the tile running throughout, so if there is a chip on the surface, you see the same colour underneath.

If the tiles are going to be used internally on the ground floor, is there any particular reason I should choose one over the other? Is one stronger than the other? It will go on a screeded floor with wet UFH.

Second question: Should we consider spending more money and using those zig zag mesh mats - one tiling shop said it help to stabilise a new concrete floor (we did the sub base floor over a year ago but have not screeded it or done the UFH and 100mm Kingspan floor insulation yet). Porcelanosa store has not suggested this but other smaller ones have. Not sure if they are trying to get me to spend more when it's not needed or if I should put it down. We will of course use flexible adhesive.

Sponsored Links
Speak to the manufacturer of the insulation and then I'd personally speak to BAL.

BAL is a high end manufacturer of tile adhesives and part of Ardex. They have a great technical department.

Sponsored Links
For a moment there I thought you were talking about a Seikh builder with that name lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back