Fully opening window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have casement windows that I want to open fully outwards. They have standard on at the moment. I would like to open the windows fully out.

is this possible?

Sponsored Links
What do you class as fully

like this but outside

76054C7E-B070-4C1C-975D-D530818385E8.jpeg

Sponsored Links
OK the sample pic is a tilt n turn window and has a totally different hinge mechanism setup, it wouldn't be beyond a competent service engineer to retrofit tilt n turn mechanisms on site but the cost might be prohibitive and cheaper to have a new window made, another issue you have with the existing window is when you open both openers out your left with a centre mullion frame right in the middle not a clear opening like in your sample pic, there's no way to remove that and it's defo a new window, probably looking and £400/500 I'd imagine

Do you mean open to 90 degrees and where the sash in open position will be tight against the frame?

if so the mega egress hinge will do that

https://windowware.co.uk/trojan-mega-egress-easy-clean-friction-hinge-prc0000017

whether it will fit your window upvc profile or not is another question and whether the Euro groove is in the right place.

if your window has a mullion you can’t remove it now, but French windows are available in upvc.

if you the windows to open back flat against the wall you can’t do that with any upvc system

OK the sample pic is a tilt n turn window and has a totally different hinge mechanism setup, it wouldn't be beyond a competent service engineer to retrofit tilt n turn mechanisms on site but the cost might be prohibitive and cheaper to have a new window made, another issue you have with the existing window is when you open both openers out your left with a centre mullion frame right in the middle not a clear opening like in your sample pic, there's no way to remove that and it's defo a new window, probably looking and £400/500 I'd imagine

Thanks

it's a flying mullion window

Do you mean open to 90 degrees and where the sash in open position will be tight against the frame?

if so the mega egress hinge will do that

https://windowware.co.uk/trojan-mega-egress-easy-clean-friction-hinge-prc0000017

whether it will fit your window upvc profile or not is another question and whether the Euro groove is in the right place.

if your window has a mullion you can’t remove it now, but French windows are available in upvc.

if you the windows to open back flat against the wall you can’t do that with any upvc system

it has an egress hinge already fitted but want the window to open beyond 90 degrees

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back