fumes from neighbours fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have noticed that whenever my neighbour lights his fire that there is a strong burning smell in my house. I found it was coming from my attic and when I went up there I saw the party wall was in a sorry state. With the brick work covered in soot and the mortar crumbling (There was even loft insulation stuffed in the large gaps in the wall!) I was hoping to erect a stud wall using fire resistant boards but since I dont intend to convert the attic I think this might be a bit over zealous. Is there any sealant I could use or any other method of curing this problem.

Thanks for you time

Sponsored Links
A bit more serious than that, how do you know your neighbours fire could be belching CO into the attic (it's probably not and I don't wish to be alarmist). You need to speak to your neighbour and get them to get if properly fixed as a matter of urgency.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice guys.

I have CO meter which hasnt beeped at all. I have some limited plastering ability so might try the rendering.

many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back