Fungal growth around water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cold water feed pipe coming up into my bathroom to my toilet and where it comes out of the floor there is a light brown, fungal, mushroom like growth growing around the bottom of the pipe caused presumably by condensation dripping down the pipe and gathering where it emerges from the floor.

Does anyone know of the best method of treating this?

Sponsored Links
diluted bleach, then make sure the pipe is washed and wiped dry.
Also prevention is the best cure so see if you can resolve the condensation problem

Cleanliness in bathroom stops a multiude of sins.Use any bathroom cleaning spray they all seem to contain bleach and wipe down

This also applies to silicone, after shower bath wipe down the silicone lines with cleaner you will have perfect white lines of silicone for eternity .

Leave the window open slightly and allow the damp humid air out of the room

better still install an extract fan with a run -on timer linked to the light or door switch, or even better a Humidistat set to about 60% R/H. ;)

Sponsored Links
Cleanliness is more important then any fan if there is not enough cleaning then no matter how many fans you install the prob;lem will still persist somewhere

The new trend and future will be heat recovery units

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back