Funny Fault Today....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick job on the way home. Customer rang saying the bathroom fan was running constantly and would not stop. Took a fan with me assuming it to be just a failed fan.

Quick test revealed the switched live was live, and after a quick look and test in the fan isolator, found the fan still running and the switched live at the fan still live.

Spotted a shiny new bathroom cabinet on the wall.

Turned out the cabinet was fitted this morning, and the carpenter had screwed through the cable shorting the RED and YELLOW together, but managed to miss the neutral and earth. Wall bracket for cupboard was actually live when tested, but cabinet was wooden hung off the bracket. How the carpenter managed to get the cabinet on the wall without a shock is beond me! Apparently no nothing tripped.

Sponsored Links
:LOL:

Amazing shot!

I've had similar.

Me bathroom light won't switch off....went expecting a jammed pullcord. It was a switch outside the bathroom.

Turned out it was twin (no cpc) and a chippy had screwed through the middle of the switchwire putting boards down in the loft....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back