Fuse and circuit breaker and consumer unit blow continually

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No Heating/hot water.
Circuit breaker operated and local fuse by pump/motorised valves/wiring centre (3 amp) found blown.

Fuse goes straightaway if replaced.
Turned down tank and room stat so neither is calling but still fuse blows and circuit breaker operates.

The circuit breaker is soley for CH.

Thought pump might have jammed but as fuse blows while no heat is being called for I doubt this?

It would appear I have a dead short!

We are cold.

Any help appreciated.

Martin

Sponsored Links
Looks like you are going to need professional assistance.

The electrics in heating systems are relatively simple, so it is just a matter of disconnecting each unit that is connected to the system until the fuse stops blowing, or do it with a meter, which I presume you do not have. It could be the wiring. The other way to fix it is to run through your list of "friends" and invite the right one over for a yuletide drink, and make sure they know why they're coming and bring a meter.

Thank heavens you haven't been putting larger and larger fuses in, that causes total destruction in some circumstances.

I am competent in it's use.

I will start the process of elimination.

Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back