Fuse blowing Questionq

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guy's I have a bit of a strange question, I recently had a small window AC unit installed, up until last night it ran flawlessly. I woke up this morning and the fuse in my room had popped off, I went and reset the fuse and on the way back to my room I noticed my Roommates AC unit was on, so I asked him about it. He said it's on the living room breaker which is separate from my room. He's leaves his AC on 24/7 and he's virtually never here we live in the PNW so it doesn't get too terribly hot aside from the occasional 80-85 degree day, so it's a huge waste of power by itself. After he left I tested the scenario again, his AC unit was on high, so I went in my room and turned my AC unit on and my PC was also running, within 5 minutes of turning mine on the fuse blew. So I reset it again, turned his off and turned mine on and it's run flawlessly ever since, now he's yelling at me for turning his off whilst he was gone for several hours.

To the question, Is there any way the fuse in the living room could cause my room's fuse to pop, if it was getting too hot, or drawing too much power? The weird thing is my bedroom/bath are the only ones on the circuit.

Sponsored Links
What happens/happened to the fuse when your roommate return power to their AC unit?
I would find difficult to understand why an appliance on a separate fused circuit would create the issue you are concerned about, what type of fuse/protection is this and what are the ratings of the load and fuse/device?

Sponsored Links
Back