Fuse never popped but all lights and outlets are now dead...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new house and had an issue in our family room. We have overhead flood lights (65 W bulbs) on three seperate light switches. Moreover, there are three electrical outlets in the room.

I turned on all of the overhead lights and saw them go out with a slight "tink" sound. I checked the fuse box, and no fuses were blow.

Then I noticed my TV and Cable box (plugged into an outlet in the same room) were also out of commission.

Again, in all = 3 outlets on two ways, and about 8 overhead lights (on three seperate switches...but no fuse switch is blow. Tried shutting them all off and back on (no help) so any advice is appreciated. Hate to call an electrician as we just payed a bunch to close on the place, but may have to...

Sponsored Links
i presume by fuse switches and your description that you mean circuit breakers and not actual fuses that need to be replaced when they blow

assuming thats the case i see three main possibilities

1: the breaker has failed (sometimes old breakers trip and won't reset)
2: theres a hidden fuse somewhere
3: a bad contact has blown
4: theres a short circuit stopping the breakers resetting

do you have any knowlage of electricity at all? if not then nows probablly not a good time to be trying to learn the ins and outs of electrical troubleshooting remotely.

Sponsored Links
Back