Replaced Switch and now other lights dont work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to replace a light switch with a dimmer. I did so with relative ease. The switch controls the light and everythign is fine. However, the other three rooms lights dont work. All the plugs works, just the lights dont and the fan in the bathroom doesnt work. So I took out the dimmer and put the old switch back in. The switch I replaced still works for that light, but the rest of the lights arent working. I tried different variations with the three wires in the box, but nothing works. I also went down to my circuit breaker and nothing is tripped, so i just turned on and off all of them, but still no lights in the other three rooms. Can someone please help!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
all the wires are in the same box. I did change a light fixture a few days ago, but everything was working fine after that.

He's in CANADA. Don't expect it to be like the UK wiring.

They have
Ground and Hot and stuff like that.

and Moose and long roads :D

But the principle would still be the same, wouldn't it? if you only have two wires and an earth at a switch?

I would be inclined to go back and look at the work you did recently if the work was on one of the lights which now doesn't function.

are there any other wires hiding in the back of the box in a wirenut or similar?

Sponsored Links
Back