Fused Spur Timer - Timeguard FST11

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I am currently installing an electric heated towel rail in my bathroom. I have purchased one of these: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMFST11.html to power it, because i want it to come on at certain times etc.

The instructions for which are here:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Smiths/FST11.pdf

I basically only want it to come on for a few hours in the morning and a few hours at night. Would i be correct with my wiring as below:

Live Supply from customer unit into 6
Neutral Supply form consumer unit into 5

Live from towel rail into 1
Neutral from towel rail into 4

Link with red or brown wire between 2 and 3

Earths into earth terminal

Your help is much appreciated guys.

Cheers
Ben

Sponsored Links
Just in case you're not aware, you also have Part P to contend with which will require notification to building control before you commence your work.

Gary,

This is replacing an existing radiator and using the same wiring which is there, but just putting the timer on instead, does this still require it?

Thank You
Ben

Sponsored Links
This is replacing an existing radiator and using the same wiring which is there, but just putting the timer on instead, does this still require it?
As long as the timer is not in the bathroom (which it's best not to be anyway) then I believe no notification is required.

Hi,

The timer is in a completely different room.

Cheers
Ben

Under those circumstances then notification isn't required.

Regarding the timer, is it in the bathroom?
If it is then it would need to be outside of zones 0, 1 or 2.

Hi Gary,

It's in a seperate room with my shower isolater switch.

Ben

Sounds like you may be good to go then.

Did you see Bongos comment regarding RCD protection for the circuit?

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not replying, i am not sure whether or not my CU is RCD protected. I have a main trip as well as seperate trips for certain things etc. But not sure on the RCA thing.

Cheers
Ben

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back