G2-12 Set sound volume

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried to reduce the volume, but it only seems to affect the entry/exit sound, and also got the keypad at a nice level.

The problem remains with the Full Set acknowledgment sound from the internal speaker - two very loud bursts that can be heard several houses away!

Anyone know how to adjust it? Been right through the menu, but can't find it.

Sponsored Links
Eng Menu 51.10

51.10 changes the time out/in sound to whatever volume's needed, but has no effect on the two loud blasts which signal 'System Set'.

(Unless I'm doing something wrong, but I've followed the obvious procedure)

I had this same problem with the G2-20, only the customer fortunately wasn't bothered about the volume.

Please tell me if I'm missing something.

What size speaker are you using ? Large 10x10cm or small 4x4cm ? Or try a pyronix twin alert as that unit has a volume pot ...

Sponsored Links
Yeah, crap circuit for impedence matching. I normally set it to 0 and adjust the keypad volume to suit. That way, the speaker is still an internal sounder.

The e/e sound is supposed to be heard outside of the protected premises when setting and unsetting the system to confirm that the system has set/unset.

Just use the night set only beep from keypad not speaker

Just use the night set only beep from keypad not speaker

Yes that's what my son (it's his house) has been doing.

Although there're two disadvantages with that:

1. You haven't got any audible (outside) confirmation that the system's set. (That can be overcome by turning up the keypad volume, but then it's loud coming in etc.)

2. You lose one of your part-settings - As it is there's Full; Bedtime; Perimeter.
If one of the 'Part settings' is allocated all the zones for full set, you're then only left with one Part-Set, being Nightime.

Swings and roundabouts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back