1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Texecom Elite - cant change countdown volume

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by axg20202, 30 Sep 2020.

1. axg20202

axg20202

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,
    If I part set my alarm (this is configured to silent part arm - it just chirps to confirm it is part armed), if I open an exit door, the countdown starts but it is very quiet, just a low volume repeated chirp from the keypad and internal sounder to confirm it is counting down. The problem is, this is too quiet and increasing the advisory volume doesn't seem to change this level. The advisory volume just seems to change the volume of a full arm entry/exit and the 'armed' confirm tone. Any idea how to change this?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. axg20202

axg20202

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Never mind. Worked it out. For some unknown reason, making part arm silent also makes the entry countdown super quiet (but not silent!). Strange behaviour really as an instant part arm sounds exactly the same whether it is set to silent part arm or not - there is still an internal chirp to confirm arming in both cases. I have made the part arm instant but NOT silent and now the entry countdown when the system is part armed is as one would expect and is under control of the advisory volume setting.

4. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    mainly that those on a night out set quietly and return quietly, could do with more flexibility on volume controls ideally.