Texecom Elite - cant change countdown volume

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
If I part set my alarm (this is configured to silent part arm - it just chirps to confirm it is part armed), if I open an exit door, the countdown starts but it is very quiet, just a low volume repeated chirp from the keypad and internal sounder to confirm it is counting down. The problem is, this is too quiet and increasing the advisory volume doesn't seem to change this level. The advisory volume just seems to change the volume of a full arm entry/exit and the 'armed' confirm tone. Any idea how to change this?

Sponsored Links
Never mind. Worked it out. For some unknown reason, making part arm silent also makes the entry countdown super quiet (but not silent!). Strange behaviour really as an instant part arm sounds exactly the same whether it is set to silent part arm or not - there is still an internal chirp to confirm arming in both cases. I have made the part arm instant but NOT silent and now the entry countdown when the system is part armed is as one would expect and is under control of the advisory volume setting.

mainly that those on a night out set quietly and return quietly, could do with more flexibility on volume controls ideally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back