G4 accenta entry noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, apologies if this has come up before, had a search but can’t find.
I have a new build with a g4 accenta with an ade accenta + LED keypad

works fine, and I can’t find it in manual so what I’m asking likely isn’t possible but here goes.

we have it in two zones, upstairs (to set at night) and then whole house for when we are out.

I get up early before the family and the noise it makes between registering me as soon as I hit the first PIR and getting to the panel to unset wakes the family. It’s a combo of beeps from the alarm and then keypad noise from actually pressing the keys.

is there any way to stop/ reduce this. I’m even willing to take the keypad off and see if there is a little sounder inside I can break.

it’s a real pain to the point I now can’t set it at night and that’s the only time we use the alarm.

anything to be done or do I need to suck it up and buy a higher tech wireless alarm that I can unset from a key fob or phone

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is there a speaker in the panel or on the wall where the sound comes from ? If so ajustable the volume via the control panel ....if it’s just the keypad piezo sounder ....either stick some tape or blutac over the piezo ....

Sound comes from the remote keypad I think, not the main panel which is hidden in a cloakroom. No adjustment obvious (unless there is some sort of potentiometer inside the keypad or panel). Or some combo of keys that isn’t in the manual.

It’s loud, a bit of tape or blu tak won’t cut it I’m afraid.

Was hoping someone with some experience of this model knew for sure before I call someone in or attempt to DIY it. I asked the installers and they quoted me a new system which seems silly as it’s brand new and for the price they wanted I could get any number of DIY wireless ones.

7C282597-915D-48A8-BADB-90CE440DAA54.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Cheers, just double checked and it is 100% the keypad, not the control panel or main speaker.

it’s fitted directly beneath our bedroom and our hall is quite echo-ey.

I’ll have the cover off and look for the keypad Piezo tomorrow and try gumming it up first before anything more drastic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back