Gable end render

It's probably worth squirting some silicone between the frame and the cill as wind can blow rain back the wrong way and into the wall.

Sponsored Links
I think it might be an idea to check your roof. It's got to be coming from somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,
I have been on roof and removed and checked under the last ridge tile but was overlapped with breathable felt and bone dry and so re-cemented it back.
Maybe running in the top and sides of window or this may be just the last of the damp trapped in the blocks?

Thanks
The other houses are mostly not gable ended and those that are, they are not south/sw facing?
Are you suggesting take it all off and Perhaps render over EML?

I reckon what has happened is the renderer hosed the blocks thoroughly to kill the suction and the moisture is trapped inside. Just leave them for the summer.

Thanks, I had previously set up a hose with a spray up onto the window on and off for a couple of days and saw no penetration on the inside of the blocks.
I have taken 18 inches of render and the stop bead off.
I have stuck a 6 inch visqueen damp along the joint with a thin bead of silicon along the top of the visqueen.
I am now going to have this part re- rendered down 5 inches below the previous bead to finish with a bell cast bead and hope this does the job?

Update
I followed a builder friends instructions and dropped the render down another course over the original brickwork and changed the bead from a stop end to a drip bead.
So far no problems and have now redecorated interior.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back