Gainsborough Princess Shower Spares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking into a problem with the shower..
sometimes when the control knob is turned the power doesnt come on, so turn it off then on again and ususally works then.

I've had the cover off but cant see any wires going to the control knob.
so... how do these flipping things work?
just need to know so I can fault find

Sponsored Links
No Yardie, theres no pcb or anything so guessing theres a mechanical type of activation based on water flow or something.

Yep that's the one JJ.. thanks for the info.. wasn't sure if I could fix it

Sponsored Links
I think maybe providing photos would help.

The knob is obviously connected to something. Turns on water supply which in turn activates a flow control switch which powers on the shower?

I would have thought the price of the new press switch made it uneconomical to repair

Its not yet been established that it is in deed the press switch at fault, not that I am doubting you as it may well be.
Not sure how much that part is but whats the cost of a new shower and either a) the hassle of installing a replacement shower or b) cost of having someone else fit the new shower.

Seems to me that the cost of the part may be preferable to a) and/or b).

I would replace it (not with a Triton) but if you do make sure your cabling is ok for any increased power. Your old one may be 7.5kw, others are larger now.

Its not yet been established that it is in deed the press switch at fault, not that I am doubting you as it may well be.
Not sure how much that part is but whats the cost of a new shower and either a) the hassle of installing a replacement shower or b) cost of having someone else fit the new shower.

Seems to me that the cost of the part may be preferable to a) and/or b).
If you look at the link the switch is £50 & would appear to be the only part that would give the symptoms described. All the other parts are discontinued so I guess it is pretty old. Personally I would not risk wasting £50 in those circumstances.

Would be nice to see a photo of the inner workings showing the components.

Parts diag not very clear and out of interest I would like to see the physical parts.

Thanks for all the info people.
I don't get regular access to a computer.

would have taken pics but my phone isn't a good spec. and don't have a camera.

was just looking to see if I could mend it and save a job re-drilling, fiddling with plumbing etc.. didn't realise how expensive the bits are

I'm just looking at the latest gainsborough showers and will get on fitting it.

thanks again everyone :D

Is it not a serviceable part, should be evident by looking at it.

Is it not a serviceable part, should be evident by looking at it.

I've had the cover off but not examined it or how to get it out.
I'll have a look tonight, the parts are flipping expensive I think I'll change it instead of messing on fitting a new shower.

going by symptoms I'm not sure other components would cause the same effect.
I was in it yesterday and it suddenly went freezing cold.. then warmed up again without the led going out. lucky I have a bath tub lol

I'll have a closer look before messing on with a new unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back