Galaxy 16 Plus CP171 Keypad compatibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 22 year old alarm system. The control box is labelled as "Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16 Plus CP171". The keypad is not labelled but google images thinks it's a Honeywell CP037-01 Mk7. I'm not sure how it knows that becasue the CP-038 looks the same to me.

I need to replace the keypad because the keys are getting a little unreliable and the writing has worn off the frequently used numbers.

As far as I can see, the CP-37 and CP-038 are interchangeable. Anyone know if the CP050 is compatible instead? It looks much nicer!

Before I just replace the keypad, am I missing any more obvious and beneficial swaps? i.e replace the control unit too.

Thanks, PJ

Sponsored Links
All of the cp037/38 and cp050/51 will work. Your panel is getting quite old though, so look at something like a Flex+ with Ethernet. This will be compatible with all your current wiring and provide app access and alarm reporting (self monitoring). You can get the smaller metal case variant which has a smaller footprint than the 16+. Check out eBay or PM me for a decent quote.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back