Galaxy 18 alarm box activated when set, chime and zones issu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After factory resetting my ADT alarm a couple of features no longer work. I don't wish to use ADT after they took 2 weeks to send an engineer. Hence resetting it.

I think my 3 issues are related so here goes:

1. I have two zones (12 and 13) which appear to be listed but I can't find anything which actives them. All the other zones are PIR or reed switches. Their default function is Intruder.

2. Before resetting the alarm there was a two tone noise when someone came in the front door. I am convinced it came from a small box in the lobby which looks like a sounder of some kind. This was the chime feature. I have configured the FINAL to enable the chime feature but now I get a single tone from the key panel not the sounder. I can see no options for configuring this.

3. When I set the alarm the external siren goes off. But it is not in an alarm condition. When I test the outputs for bell and strobe nothing happens. Even when I test the intruder output nothing. But when I test the set output the siren goes off. It seems to me the siren is configured wrong.

Are the two unknown zones the siren and sounder? How should I configure them please?

Sponsored Links
if you have the engineer code i can talk you through it,

if you are convinced that you can do this email me and i will contact you by telephone, and talk you through it.

it is easier than posting all the things yopu have to do to get the ssytem to do what you want it to

the Galaxy 18 is a very stable panel (i have a few out there working very well)

oasis ******

Thanks. It all seems to be working fine now. The only oddity is the speaker for chime makes a tiny mouse squeak rather than the loud two tone sound it originally made. I've tried all modes Latch, etc and positive and negative. The only thing I can think of is to check its wiring but I don't see how it would have broken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back