Texecom - How to stop a Chime zone showing up on display?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a premier 48, and Wintex. I have a break beam sensor which I have connected into a zone input.

The zone is configured as custom, with no Attributes1 or Attributes2 set. Area A is ticked, and so is Chime tone 2.

Desired behaviour is to sound a chime whenever the zone goes active. No other action is necessary whether the alarm is armed or disarmed.

Actual chime behaviour is as desired. However, once the zone has activated, the display shows Zone 028 Alarm, Area A, continually until the alarm is next reset, or armed. Is there a way to have the display ignore this zone?

I have also unticked System Configuration Option 11 "Chime Visible" which I thought was supposed to stop this happening.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
why dont you set it to guard area B and chime, check user codes so area B is off in your user codes and chime output to area B in speaker output.

Good call........
But when fully armed..............

Learning curve..................................................................

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'll try this tonight.

Alarm, are you saying that if this zone is set to guard on area B, and my user is set to only area A, that the bell would sound?

just untick B from bell and strobe output it wont activate anyway as you are not setting area B when you arm system.

Assuming areas are selected to suites.
But thats another story :D

Under Areas,Options I have unticked Area B on option 9 Bell and Strobe Output.

I have also unticked Area B on the bell output under Outputs,Control Panel, Panel Outputs, 2:Bell SAB.

Did I need to do both these?

I am not using Area Arm Suites.

Thanks for the help.

Because you can and it is a better method.
But I can see this being another urine contest.........fit a few more systems and come back.

You also never answered the other question did you.

never answered my question on how many premiers you fit in a week did you ? P.S if you have a problem with your bladder see a doctor i dont know why you keep telling me about it.

None, I thought it was clear when I said this before.
I do however take over badly programmed ones. And get them to work as intended.
My prefered panels are Galaxy and Cooper Menvier. With fully loaded zones. There is a reason they are called GD-520, you work it out. Somewhat far more advanced than Texe ( Sorry Adrian) IMHO but I see the Richocet to be the leader in Wireless ATM.

So again I have answered this. Are you actually a "sparky" I doubt it as you only like to play here, not with the real ones.
Also your camera experience is lacking, again smacks of a " I saw a brochure and got this" mentality.

As for "fitted" lost count my internet interactor, on Fire/Intruder/Access/IP/CCTV oh and locksmithing. I do not "play" with this like you seem to.

So, again...........what do you do really?

well here we go. started in 1987 working for kings security fitted everthing from abacus to scantronic ( norton college 9500 with 200 zones late eighties)also modified 9100 with duress codes, fitted galaxy before every man and there dog fitted them, external microwave beams, 1000+ door entry systems for local authorities, barriers for the yeb, so talking about proper systems have you never fitted a texecom 640 yes 640 had to rip out a badly designed galaxy system. if you cant be bothered to give out help instead of **** poor comments, keep your mouth shut....

Shame your not actually as good as you make out.
Still not been in the game as long as me nor fitted as much.
Contracted to several local authorities and housing associations myself, then there is the embassy and other classified items.
Trained various Police forces in my time in various security related techniques. Advised on design and programming with bigger systems than you have mentioned or could probably cope with. Had manuals rewritten and programming changed. Also can manufacture security equipment from raw materials, including adaptions for electronic security to meet some very strange requirements. Assisted development in lock picking tools and techniques and new locks for the market.

That covers some of my time in this industry.

But what do I know :p

Your last comments are not even worth mentioning, as always a troll losing a debate falls to insulting behaviour.

PS 200 zones you mention, lol. Bit of a small system then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back