Texecom - How to stop a Chime zone showing up on display?

Really? ANOTHER penis size competition? You'd think with all your experience and knowledge between you youd have come up with a decent answer for the original question. ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi all, thanks for the diversion! At the risk of bringing this back on topic, I've been experimenting and have another question.

I have the keypads areas set to ABCD, and "Use Keypad Areas" ticked.

If I untick "Area A" from my custom chime zone and select another area, then the zone stops chiming on the keypad.

Can you tell me why this is? I thought that the "Keypad Areas" would allow tones from any ticked area.

thanks!

Really? ANOTHER penis size competition? You'd think with all your experience and knowledge between you youd have come up with a decent answer for the original question. ;)

I have tried to avoid this, sorry it came to this.
I have worked on Texe but earlier versions, and I admint Sparticus knows a little more than me on them (latter versions Although being given a demo with their top man has helped) . Also apollogised to O:p`s when incorrect.

As with any system, if i have a lacking in it I learn it. Something we have to do with the tech we use as it is always developing.
I do respect others when correct, otherwise how can you learn?
Being smug for getting one question in one technology correct and then being abusive is just a bad way to act.

I will always assist in what i know wether electronic or locksmithing and manfucaturing as I have done here.
As I do here with experts I personally know and the others whom command respect with their varied knowledge.

Sorry this is not an answer to the quest, I just felt it had to be said.

Thank you.

Actual chime behaviour is as desired. However, once the zone has activated, the display shows Zone 028 Alarm, Area A, continually until the alarm is next reset, or armed. Is there a way to have the display ignore this zone?

I have also unticked System Configuration Option 11 "Chime Visible" which I thought was supposed to stop this happening.

I'd suspect then that the message is coming up due to the zone being a cutsom zone, and not related to the chime thing at all. I'd go back to your original settings, have everything in area A and program your zone as 'Latch key' with the 'Monitor only/Key tube' attribute ticked. Basically tells the panel to just log the zone and do nothing with it.

Sorry for the delay.

Sponsored Links
I've tested this now. The Latch Key zone with "Monitor Only" would work fine. The only snag is I also need it to be a "Quick Response" zone, which isn't available on Latch Key.

Is there any way to get the custom zone to Monitor Only, or another zone type that has Quick Response and Monitor Only?

thanks!

Why'd you need quick response? What beams are you using that don't go open circuit long enough for the panel to recognise?

Afaik there's only the 2 'monitor only' flags for moment and latched keyswitch. Not solve your problem by any other way?

I was afraid you'd ask that! The break beam sensor is a safety sensor for some electric gates. I couldn't tap into the sensor directly, as it does not have a simple open/short circuit output. It is a coded output. I have therefore tapped into an LED (via an optoisolator) on the gate control pcb that lights up when the beam is broken. Unfortunately the LED itself is matrixed, and therefore the output is pulsed. The Texecom does pick up the pulse on a quick response zone, which has saved me having to do anything more exotic such as making a monostable to smooth the pulses.

Add a pair of gate sensors ( Came, FAAC you get the drift) You can even get single sided with a reflector, working on the gate 24vdc but giving a clean NC contact which will "latch" as long as obstructed.

should help

One last thought, 'exit terminator' has quick response function, can be programmed for chime and shouldn't cause any sort of alarms. Only thing is they are typically open circuit devices so you may have to do a bit of rejigging.

Exit Terminator may be an option, thanks! I'll give it a try over the weekend and will report back. I need normally open anyway. The zone settings allow you to set NC or NO.

I don't really want to add more sensors to the gate if avoidable, but will consider it if I dont get another solution.

Cheers all!

Ahhh now ET has been left behind a bit had forgotten.
Agreed, set to chime and NO should have the cause and effect your after.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back