Galaxy 2-20 stars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Setting up the galaxy tested all worked fine taken out old alarm rewired into galaxy and keypad just has stars flashing I've tested on separate wire to see if it was wiring but still same any ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
This is a new panel ? Note that you need to power up with the keypad connected. When booting, the panel indexes the bus looking for devices. You cannot just add the first keypad after boot.

Other than that, the stars mean no communication with the panels CPU. Check keypad A is going to A on the panel and the same with B to B (on the set of connections to the left of the pcb and not the telecoms connections on the right).

Also check the keypad is addressed at 0, 1, 2 or 3 on its rotary address selector. Again, this is picked up at power on.

Thanks for that it all worked fine on kitchen table but just wired back to old system the only thing I did (which I think you mean on address selector on key pad was turn it because I thought was volume) I did keep turning when I powered back up how do I find out if it's 0-1-2-3 do I just power down and try one at a time then power back up ?? Thanks again

Sponsored Links
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
Is this it if so do I put Arrow on a number or letter power up if I get stars try the next one and so on

It's out of focus, but looks like it's on address 4. Only 0,1,2 and 3 will work on the G2 series. Rotate it to the 0 on the PCB, then power cycle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back