Galaxy 2 series - remove zone no longer in use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i moved in to a house with a galaxy g2 wireless alarm system - I have all the codes.
One of the wireless PIR units kept giving a battery low error every month or so. Replaced the battery and everything was fine. After replacing 10 batteries I figured it was time to replace the unit, which I have done.

However, every time we set the alarm, it still shows lowbattery warning for the sensor that is no longer in the system (I threw it away)

Maybe I'm being stupid, but I cannot find a way to remove that zone (3) from the system.
I have set it to inactive, but still get the warning.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Twindy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hello. I really hope you clever alarm engineers can help with this simple question. I need to remove a zone from Honeywell G2 (Galaxy 2) alarm, just like the original poster - configuring it to "Spare" still doesn't allow me to set the alarm.

In the reply above it states "Delete the serial number from the zone". I can navigate to 52 Zones > Zone > RF Options > 1 Serial number but I can't work out how to remove the serial number that is set there and the manual is no help.

Please help me :)

Pressing the 'B<' key repeatedly will delete. Then press 'ent' to accept when empty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back