Galaxy 3 144C showing code 48736

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Galaxy 3 144C alarm panel. Cold reboot. It has one keypad connected using a 1k end of line resistor (I do not have a 680 ohm resistor yet). All zones have 1k resistors. The coin cell battery is present but there is no mains backup battery yet. When powered up a red LED on motherboard flashes once per second. The keyboard states "call alarm co. quote code 48736" and beeps occasionally. When I enter the default engineering code it says insufficient access rights.

Entering code 12345 reveals: 3 faults
+Line failcom 1
+CU-Batt
Alert-Batt low
Alert-fault RST
Alert-line fail1

How can I clear the faults and start to program this panel please? (I successfully installed a Galaxy 60 system a few years ago). Thanks!

Sponsored Links
With the Galaxy, the manager code needs to authorise the engineer code. So, use code 12345 to enter menu 48 and enable engineer access. After that the eng code will work. Sounds like adt firmware, where remote reset is enabled by default. Just disable that (menu 67 set to 0). You also need to disable line volts monitoring if not connected to a 50v phone line. Menu 56.1.10.

The Galaxy 144 (G3-144) isn't a Dimension, so lacks some of the features. Although it's a great panel, if spending time and effort installing, I'd probably opt for getting a Dimension board in it.

Note that both are compatible with the selfmon vmod, so you can self monitor Etc. The Dimension just offers better integration with home automation and has GUI based programming support with Honeywell's RSS software, rather than the old Galaxy Gold software front end.

Sponsored Links
Really appreciate the guidance, thanks. All sorted now and ploughing my way through the programming manual!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back