Galaxy advanced microtech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Anyone know anything about Galaxy alarms?

I have a friend who has the following appearing after entering the code...

Alert - BATT LOW
ent = CONTINUE SET

But she can't find anything in the manual that explains how to change the battery and the alarm company want £80 to come out and change it. I havent seen the alarm myself so am going from what I've been told, apparently there's no model number on the box but the manual gives the following..

Galaxy
advanced microtech
8/18/60/128/500/504/512

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if the system is programmed for level 7 tamper reset, you will not be able to change the battery yourself.

the galaxy panels are usually programmed as level 3 to 6 for users to reset any alarms (for a bells only, not connected to monitoring) but we all usually program the tamper reset for engineer only.

it really does depend upon which company fitted the system, if it was our old friends ADT then you are stuffed,
(unless you think you could reset the programming and re program the system)

is there not a tame engineer around your area ?

but to be honest, changing the battery is so easy,
find the off white box, it could be in the loft, under the stairs or hidden in a storage cupboard somewere,
remove the top and bottom screws
lift the cover up, about an inch, then out towards you
the battery is in the bottom of the box
you will need a 12v 7ah (amp hour) battery

you can try this but if it is installed by ADT or another national company i think you will have problems

if the system is programmed for level 7 tamper reset, you will not be able to change the battery yourself.

the galaxy panels are usually programmed as level 3 to 6 for users to reset any alarms (for a bells only, not connected to monitoring) but we all usually program the tamper reset for engineer only.

it really does depend upon which company fitted the system, if it was our old friends ADT then you are stuffed,
(unless you think you could reset the programming and re program the system)

is there not a tame engineer around your area ?

but to be honest, changing the battery is so easy,
find the off white box, it could be in the loft, under the stairs or hidden in a storage cupboard somewere,
remove the top and bottom screws
lift the cover up, about an inch, then out towards you
the battery is in the bottom of the box
you will need a 12v 7ah (amp hour) battery

you can try this but if it is installed by ADT or another national company i think you will have problems

Please don't tar every national with the same brush.

I work for a national and a number of friends work for other nationals (none of us ADT) we DO NOT make tamper engineer reset on this old panel range, go to to days Regs. and the new panels, it's a different story.

Shame you did not explain about the noise doing all this is going to create and how to overcome it and return to 'day' :cry:

Sponsored Links
ok Europlex, i agree with some of your comments.

but having been in the industry for over 25 years and have worked for three of the nationals.

not all using Galaxy, some using meridian, genesis 500 and 1000 and a few older panels that are still working (just) like your old friend M & W panels, or the occational logic 4 auto reset.

all of them set the engineer reset on a tamper alarm, as it would have caused an activation via the digicom,

all ADT panels i have worked on over the years i can actually say that i have never come accross one that was set for operator reset of a tamper fault.

i was going to look up in BS4737 but if my memeory serves me right (it might not) there is nothing in it for settings for access codes, (when the Regs were written i dont think we had anything with a keypad)

but as i said i have got it a bit wrong on my original post

i will let you carry on on this one if you like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back