Galaxy 3-520 PF RESET REQUIRED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Having tried to commission a 3-530 panel (firmware 6.7) on the bench, everything is ok but the keypad beeps about once every 25 seconds. When I connect to the panel via GX Remote Control App and the Ethernet 080-8 module on my local network, it logs in OK, but tells me PF RESET REQUIRED

I am assuming PF means POWER FAIL, does anyone know how to reset the panel to stop the beeping?

Thanks,
Gerry

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Logging in as engineer and then exiting again should clear power fail logs if using default UK settings.You can also adjust regular user reset levels to allow any user to reset the power fault.

If it's not clearing, then it may be a panel fault. There are a lot of ADI customer returns being sold on eBay at the moment, where the faulty PCB has been swapped out and returned with a new case. If you've bought this from a Lancashire based seller, I'd test it fully loaded for a month or so on the bench before going through the pain of having to swap it out after installing.

Also, use menu 23 to display system version. You really need this panel to be version 7.03 for trouble free operation. There are various bugs with the app and older versions of panel firmware.

Last edited:
Thank You GalaxyGuy,

Yeah, it's not clearing, or it is sometimes, but it comes back.

Well I did buy it on eBay so yeah, maybe a faulty one, it came without a case, just PCB and Transformer, so could well be faulty :(

I actually don't have a battery connected to the panel so maybe that's why it's reporting a power fault, I will need to get one to see if that solves the issue. In any case, because the panel did not fit neatly in the box from the G18 I had, so I have bought another 3-520c complete with a box this time, so hopefully might have better luck with that.

I also added an E080-08 and got the mobile app (GX Remote App) working, but it seems terribly unreliable, as soon as it encounters an error it tells me it lost connection with panel :( it does say that it needs a later revision of firmware for the "full" features whatever they are.

You are obviously very knowledgable about these panels, could you tell me how one can upgrade the firmware, even get a firmware upgrade, I am sensing you might need to be an "authorized" engineer or something like that?

Thanks again for your responses, always very much appreciated.

Gerry

I forgot to mention, "using default UK settings" I should have mentioned, yes, using default UK settings, having reset to factory, it boots up and shows configuring UK on the menu so I presume that's what you mean.
Gerry

Sponsored Links
The missing battery is likely the cause of the power error. You cannot stop the error if the battery is missing or faulty.

The firmware can be upgraded using a Honeywell SPI key that plugs into the top right hand header of the PCB. The upgrade can also be performed using an RS232 lead that plugs onto the lower left 5 way header of the PCB.

The app does not behave well without the most recent firmware.

Thanks @GalaxyGuy

Yes, I will try the battery, that's the next logical thing.

Where would one obtain the "Honeywell SPI key"? or indeed the firmware file if I were to update the firmware over RS232?

Gerry

@GalaxyGuy

Just to let you know that the PF RESET cleared once I added a battery, sort of obvious really.

Can I ask one other question? I now get a +LINE FAILCOM 1 error, which I presume relates to the built-in telecom module (which I do not have connected), I presume (I am hoping) there must be a way to disable this module if it's not required?

Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate any pointers

Gerry

@GalaxyGuy

ok don't worry I found the answer. The +LINE FAILCOM 1 relates to a tamper condition raised because there is no telephone line connected to the onboard TELECOM module. When you reset the panel to factory default, the panel is set to tamper based on the line failure on the module. There is a setting you can change, basically, you want to tell the panel that the line voltage detection is disabled.

Engineer Menu 1 -> 1. INT TELECOMS -> 10 LINE FAIL -> 1 -> Line Volts 1=DISABLED (this is enabled by default after a factory reset)

Once again, thanks for your help. If you do know how I might get myself a firmware update for the panel I would appreciate any insight you can offer.

Kind Regards,
Gerry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back