Galaxy 60 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a galaxy 60 alarm and it is stuck in engineers mode as i try to come out it gives me 1 fault r10 102 to view what is this and can i clear it. Please help as driving me mad

Sponsored Links
Looks to be a zone fault, Rio 0 is the first set of zones on the main PCB 102 is the second zone.

Check it is used, check it is wired correctly with the resistors.
If not "spare it" in zone options.

thanks i will test cicuit to make sure resistors are correct i will let you know, Thanks again

I'd guess you read it wrong, r10 102 will more likely be RIO 102. Should be a bit more to the message too, either Missing or tamper? (few other less likely messages)

If its missing check your power and data connections are right, look at the RED Led on the RIO itself and seee how its flashing, if its talking to the main panel it will give you a quick red flash just under every second. If it's not talking to the main panel it will be a much slower flash.

If it's a tamper then make sure the tamper switch still has the spring attached to it and its stretched far enough to be pressed in when the lid goes on, and the RIO is in the correct way in the backplate. Generally the spring goes furthest away from the long 'clip in' side of the lid.

Sponsored Links
On a Gal 60 RI0 102 is the main PCB not a separate one. There will be no data issues.

On a Gal 60 RI0 102 is the main PCB not a separate one. There will be no data issues.

Nah, the 60 has zones 1001 - 1004 and 1011 - 1018 on the PCB.

102 is usually the Smart PSU in the panel (smaller board on the right) if there is one fitted. If not, it's somewhere else in the installation. As above, the panel should be giving you some more information as to the nature of the fault...

Zones yes 1001 1002.

I did think his reading was a little off. But RIO O is on board. Zones 1001/1004.
RIO1 1011/1018

As you say a correct reading and the fault with it would be specific enough to give a correct diagnosis. Along with a flash rate.

Diagnostics (Opt 61) would also give a good indication.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back