Honeywell Galaxy - Stuck in engineer mode & RIO 102 AC fail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have some experience with Texecom but none with Honeywell and have just inherited a Galaxy system in a property that I have taken over. The alarm seems to be stuck in engineer mode. The error shown when trying to exit engineer mode is RIO 102 AC FAIL. There does seem to be an expansion panel at the other side of the building which I believe may be RIO 102? I was told by the previous tenant that I can still use the system in engineer mode and it does seem to arm ok but when I try to trigger the alarm it just beeps with the entry noise indefinitely and the siren will not sound. The display will then show that the alarm was triggered.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you a smart psu with a Rio built in either there is no mains power to this or the psu is faulty
That would be my guess

have you done a bell test on the system because it should set in engineer mode and it should of set the siren off.
setting the alarm in engineer mode makes the alarm ignore any tampers. some companies don't use outside sirens anymore so check its a real siren,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back