Elmdene sounder...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried connecting a elmdene sounder, one with a battery and all of that stuff to my Honeywell galaxy g2-20 system, on one of my rios.

I connected power via attaching the cables to the incoming power for the rio and used the trigger via a bell output programmed on the rio.

But when powered up, it just sirens on at me even if I take out the cable for trigger, I havent connected the battery because I can't be bothered with it going off when I power down the system!

Can anyone help, I didn't let it go off for very long before turning it off if that helps, maybe it does that on power up?!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Change the output polarity.

You give poor information but that seems the best remedy.

Sponsored Links
I'm not really sure, I just thought that if hold off supply is powered to it and it sirens then I will just use the bell trig in the negative hold off supply & it has worked... :D

I'm not really sure, I just thought that if hold off supply is powered to it and it sirens then I will just use the bell trig in the negative hold off supply & it has worked... :D
Please don't be offended at this, but, could you say that again as it does not seem to make sense.

Haha, it's hard to explain... When I had permanent hold off power it sirened away even if the bell trig wasn't active. So instead of using the bell trig, I took out the hold off negative power and put the bell trig in its place. Therefore giving it power in an alarm or bell activation condition. And it's worked...

I probably still don't make sense, I'm confusing myself...

Which Elmdene sounder are you trying to wire? If we know the model we 'might' be able to help.

If you don't know, give a list of the terminal markings, we can go from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back