Possible to connect a bell box to a Galaxy rio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering if it was possible to connect a bell box to a Galaxy rio (the normal type) via the outputs on the rio, e.g setting one for bell & one for strobe...

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
With a Power RIO yes easily. Standard use the sounder as a SCB.
Use a zone as the tamper circuit.

Thanks for the quick reply! Would it work with a normal rio though and powered for the hold off by the normal 12v like on the rio?

Thanks

Yes, as I said use the RIO as a hold off and the sounder unit as SCB,

Sponsored Links
Thanks I will do that! Probably trying my luck but if I wanted to put the siren into engineer hold off after installation, any way of doing that?

Thanks

Thanks I will do that! Probably trying my luck but if I wanted to put the siren into engineer hold off after installation, any way of doing that?

Thanks

Has it got that feature? If so what does the book of words say? Follow them if it has. If not you should have got another make.

It doesn't say on the manual, which bell box would you reccomend, I like the look of the Deltabell + and I would have to screen print it or put some kind of sticker of it or it defeats the point of the light box...

Thanks for the quick reply! Would it work with a normal rio though and powered for the hold off by the normal 12v like on the rio?

Thanks

I control a bellbox from a standard rio althogh I cheated a bit and used a relay powered from an output to supply the relavent hold off to the bellbox. Works fine. I also power the battery charger from the 12 volt rail ( supplied from the panel ) and have had NO false alarms in 3 years...

As i said, use the power rail and SCB the sounder.
The relay is needed as the output isnt enough for a SAB unit.
False alarms would not be generated by supplying a sounder wired correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back