RIO or Power RIO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When would use choose the Honeywell POWER rio over just the normal RIO?

I'm assuming the powered rio would allow you to run an additional bell box easier (by programming the outputs?), but are there any other benefits?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Powered RIO allows like you say more powered detectors, sirens, door control etc... where you might overload the power bus using a non powered RIO. It might also help overcome and power drop on longer distances? It might also help with future upgrades adding additional RIO's from the powered RIO and giving room for additional powered accessories. But the downside is there's potentially more to go wrong as there is now a secondary power supply that could fail, additional power circuit that could trip etc..

I Currently have a G2 panel and on the AB lines I have a cable from the panel AB to keypad AB, then from Keypad AB to RF portal AB.
For the powered RIO can the main G2 panel have a 2nd communication line going from the main board to the Powered RIO?
How many data lines daisy chained can be used from the main panel AB Connections?

You should limit any daisy chained lines but 2 branched off from the main panel should be fine. I believe you might need to use an end of line resistor at the last accessory on each end (In your case the powered rio and the RF portal)

Sponsored Links
Yep when i added the RF portal I moved the 680ohm(i think) from the keypad AB to the RF portal AB.

If adding the powered RIO directly to the G2 you should add a 680Ω resistor to the powered RIO and remove the link from LK1

UDf4cLC.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back