Galaxy Dimension - fully removing RF RIO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had intermittent RF Jam errors with the RF RIO on my Galaxy Dimension, and as the zones covered are non-essential, I decided to remove the RF RIO entirely and revert to the wired sensors.

I physically disconnected the RF RIO from the main alarm panel, terminating the alarm bus properly.

I then exited Engineer Mode. The panel noted the missing RF RIO, then removed it and associated zones.

All seemed good for a while, (2 hrs?) but then I got RF Supervisory errors because (surprise, surprise) the panel wasn't receiving supervisory messages from the RF RIO.

So then I changed RF Parameters/Supervision (option 60) to 'Silent Alarm'

But now it seems the lack of RF Rio is preventing the alarm setting properly, showing RF SUPER errors.

There are other parameters I could tweak which might solve this problem (eg setting 53 RF Stop Mode to 0, 'Disabled'). But this seems like a bodge.

Is there something else I need to do to remove the RF RIO fully? How do I tell the panel to stop looking for a RF RIO?

The lack of a RF RIO shouldn't be considered a fault, should it? Not every alarm system has one.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back