Galaxy alarm sounding immediately after arming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!! I’m new here but don’t mean to break any rules or be disrespectful but I need a point in the right direction re my galaxy alarm. I have all required codes. I have carried out walk tests and everything is great. But the problem is, when I set my system by entering pin and opening and closing (final) door, and receiving the confirmation beeps that the system has armed, right away my outside alarm begins to sound! I feel it has something to do with program outputs but I’m just a bit lost. Everything else appears ready.

Please consider my plea for help!

Nath

Sponsored Links
1001 WAS set as ‘SET’! I have since changed this to ‘BELLS’ and it appears to be working again. —- Thank you very much sparkymarka for taking the time. In relation to the rest of my zones (1002, 1011-10..) they’re all currently set to different things - bells, strobe, PA, reset. Should they all be set to one thing?

They are the outputs ...bit rusty on galaxy , galaxy guy will be able to say what the default settings are on your panel , you will probably only need 1 bell output ( which you have sorted and a strobe output ( if you have one on your sounder )

Sponsored Links
By default, 1001 was ‘set’...As stated I have changed this to ‘bells’ with your advice.

The other defaults were:
1002 intruder L
1011 bells L
1012 strobe L
1013 pa L
1014 reset L

Although things appear to be working (from limited tests carried out) I don’t want another fault somewhere else down the line, hence my 2nd query re these other outputs. If it doesn’t matter then I’ll move on and thanks again for your help.

Galaxyguy?

Galaxy guy a member on forum knows the galaxy inside out !
If strobe output is wired to 1012 you don't need anything else on a standard install

Depends on which outputs have wired in the terminals. If no wires, then you're ok.

Again, for input zones, it all depends what you have connected to each and the position of the sensor in the system. Use display->zones to step through the zones and have someone trigger all the sensors while you note zone and type. Once you have that, add to a layout plan and post here for review.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back