Galaxy Aqua 3000 Shower Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Hope someone can help please?

I turned my shower on yesterday morning and it was working for about 5 seconds and then the power went out and no water was running from it. Gradually over the last day the water from the unit has got to a level of about the same as a tap running.
It is cold water, the power cord in the bathroom is on but the power light is off. I can hear a buzzing from the unit so something is happening, plus there is a water being pulled from the mains?

My suspicions were that the shower pipes might be frozen as the bathroom was build into an extension with 3 outside walls but then the bath and the sink are both running fine?

Sponsored Links
I turned my shower on yesterday morning and it was working for about 5 seconds and then the power went out and no water was running from it.

you mean power neon went off.
was that power in the whole house or just shower ?
was the pullcord neon still on ?

Gradually over the last day the water from the unit has got to a level of about the same as a tap running.

how much is that then ?

It is cold water,
earlier you said you had no water

the power cord in the bathroom is on but the power light is off.
what power light pullcord or shower ?

I can hear a buzzing from the unit so something is happening, plus there is a water being pulled from the mains?
if you say the water is running then the buzzing is probably the solenoid coil.

Yes the power light on the unit went out but the power cord light is still on.
The power in the house remained on.

There was no water from the shower at first but as I turned it on and off through the day, I now have a small amount of cold water running when I turn the unit on.

if you have no power neon you shouldn't get any water flow.
the power neon is the first power take off in the shower.

check what voltage you have at the incoming terminals with a multi meter.

Sponsored Links
i suspect a burnt out shower pullswitch check there first make sure you switch the supply off at the consumer unit first though before opening up pullswitch.

Thanks to you both.

If the pull swich was burnt out would the neon light still show as lit up when I pull it to "on"?

the neon on the pullswitch should only come on when its switched to on unless it is connected incorrectly however due to burnt out cables it could be melted to permanently on or it could appear to be working fine you need to have a look im afraid to establish or rule out this as the cause.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back