GALAXY AQUA 4000 SHOWER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My daughter has just had a shower and it was fine, until my other daughter went to have one, then it's not working. I'm telling you this so you might be able to have a clearer idea of the problem.
Basically if you press the hot, cold or low buttons the red light at the top comes on indicating low pressure and no water is coming out. I thought at first the stop button might be stuck as sometimes they do stick, but nothing seems to be hapening when I press any of the buttons.
The shower runs of electric and not our boiler and the trip switch has not been affected.
Any ideas how to solve this problem?
Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
the solenoid valve which is located at the bottom of the shower has failed.
isolate the power to the shower and use a multi meter to test the resistance on the solenoid valve.
your looking for a reading of 3.4 ohms or above.
if its failed you'll probabley get an open circuit reading.

the solenoid valve which is located at the bottom of the shower has failed.
isolate the power to the shower and use a multi meter to test the resistance on the solenoid valve.
your looking for a reading of 3.4 ohms or above.
if its failed you'll probabley get an open circuit reading.

Hi Karl thanks for your quick reply. I have no idea of using multi meters or testing electrical products.
If it is an open circuit what is the situation then. Is it fixable or am I looking at replacing the whole unit?
I also don't want to get ripped off so the more knowledge I have in advance the better. I am in the Coventry area if there is a plumber/ electrician, which do you use,lol?

Sponsored Links
If it is an open circuit what is the situation then.

new solenoid valve assy.

Is it fixable or am I looking at replacing the whole unit?

fixable half hour job diagnose and replace.
the part is approx £20 + labour fitting.

which do you use,lol?

i use a plumber being a plumber :rolleyes:

use a plumber who's familier with diagnosing & working on electric showers as many don't have a clue & will fob you off that you need a new shower. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back