galaxy designa ds3000 shower not powering on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out a problem with a shower at my dad's new house.

He has a Galaxy Designa DS3000 10.5kW shower and it won't start unless you put it on cold setting for temperature and cold for power too.

Once started at cold, you can then change the power to low or high and change the temperature of the water. But if you press the stop button and start it again you can't start it. The water comes through momentarily while the stop/start button is pressed but then once you let go of the stop/start button the water stops. Then, when you turn the power and temperature to cold and press the stop/start button once or twice the water will stay on and then adjust the flow and temperature according to what you want.

I've checked the solenoid valve this appears not to be faulty according to the video on showerdoc as it gives a reading of 4Ohms across the solenoid.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
So far the situation hasn't improved.

I've also tested the thermal cut out switch on top of the element but this seems fine too.

If I've not explained the problem clearly then feel free to let me know.

Thanks again

Jaysta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back