Galaxy Flex Ethernet Module port number.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Is it possible to change the port number of the ethernet module from 10001?
I need to know as if so I will be using 2 Galaxy Flex systems on the same network and I cannot forward the same port to multiple ip addresses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
No, this isn't possible. You need to forward a different external port to the internal ports of each panel. The Honeywell app doesn't allow for different ports, but the SelfMon app does.

For example, port maps:
External 10001 to internal 129.159.0.100 port 10001
External 10002 to internal 129.159.0.101 port 10001

Connect to port 10001 to connect to the first panel and port 10002 to connect to the second.

Can you give me a bit more info regarding how i port forward the different internal and external ports. I have a basic knowledge of networking. I understand it as forwarding 10002 to the second panel ip address and using selfmon with that one. I was going to use self mon anyway as the gx app is a little limited.

Thank you for your help.

The way to implement depends on your router. You may need to set up two services. Ie. alarm1 and alarm2. The first maps port 10001 (external) straight through to 10001 (internal), while the second maps 10002 (external) to 10001 (internal). Then set up forwarding using one of the services for each panel IP address.

I've seen old routers that don't allow the port to be mapped to a different internal port, but most should these days.

Which router are you using?

Sponsored Links
Also, the newly released Apple app V2.00 supports multiple panels, so you can create two panel entries and just have the different ports configured for the cooresponding panel.

The changes to the Android app are pending, but will have the same simplified structure when released.

From a quick look online, it looks like the port forward on that hub doesn't allow a map to be defined. I think the superhub 3 does.

The hub can probably do it underneath the hood, but the web based user interface doesn't include the capability.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back