Galaxy Flex V3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Newbie to this forum so bear with me pls :)

I'm installing a Galaxy Flex V3 and wanted to check my thinking..
I installed a Galaxy 2-20 about 9months ago, but was told that the 2-20 is now no longer available and the Flex V3 was the replacement. However, the menus although similar have some differences.
Bellbox connection to Texecom Odyssey 3E
Can you confirm
FLEX >> Odysssey
+12v from any zone >> A [12v]
OP1 Bell >> B [ bell]
OP2 strobe >> S [strb]
T >> C [tamp rtn]
0volt >> D [0v]

Also, the User Notification in the Comms section; is this direct input of the required mobile numbers, not via a TAP provider as the 2-20 was?
How do you stop the FLEX from trying to contact a ARC and just do mobile SMS only?
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The siren connections you have are correct. The +12v on the ib bus connector on the left can also be used if the +12v in the zone connections is crowded. The +12v connections are all joined by copper on the PCB, so are equivalent.

The panel can only send text messages direct (well, still via the mobile providers messaging gateway) if you fit a GSM module and have an appropriate SIM card fitted. SMS via PSTN still requires TAP, so no direct dialling/messaging to a mobile is possible. Be careful using TAP, as it can become very expensive, especially if something caused the panel to repeatedly message.

If you have A083 Ethernet, you can use Honeywell's free push notification service via the GX app. The GX app method is free, but is limited in functionality and no support. It doesn't have any regular automatic testing to ensure the path is good. Alternatively, you can subscribe to SelfMon to get further functionality including hourly automatic IP path check, push notification, voice dialing, e-mail, SMS and more. Note that SelfMon is my platform, but was created in 2011 to offer a very low cost alarm notification solution for DIY and installers.

There are other options for fitting third party monitoring, but these normally require an approved installer, so high cost and prohibitive to DIY.

Last edited:
hi...thanks for the info..
Ref the SelfMon, can you share some details with me pls. That may well be an option
Regarding using the PSTN for SMS, I'm looking at the menus 56.2.x.x and cant see where to enter the TAP centre number. When I used the Galaxy 2-20 I used OpenTap and set the SMS Service Centre number in a menu 56.1.2 = Centre Number..
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi...thanks for the info. On checking the install manual 56.3.1.3 [PSTN No. of Rings], & then it goes to 56.3.2.1.1 GSM line. Don't appear to have a 56.3.1.3.1 in the manual. I'll check the panel later...but seems a little strange!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back