Galaxy G2-12 - Is Firmware Compatible

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I'm new to the forum (been lurking for some time) and looking for some help/advice regarding said panel. Checked firmware which is sitting at v1.44 and wish to add a RF module, which I have recently bought, and an Ethernet module, not yet, with the view to self monitoring. I would also like to add a Honeywell SHK8M Wireless Shock Sensor and a Honeywell FG8MS Wireless Smash Detector to the system but unaware if these are compatible with the current firmware.I have seen conflicting information on Honeywell data sheets one says ok with v1.4 other says must be v1.5. Any information would be helpful, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Galaxy guy would give you information you need ! If he’s still dropping in …..

The 1.44 will work, but for self monitoring there are bugs prior to V1.53. V1.56 is the most recent. The panel can be upgraded with a ramp flash lead or a cheap USB-TTL converter. PM me if you want to go down that path.

The RF portal should be CO79 or CO79-2. Version 3.00 is the most recent firmware and hardware.

The most recent E080 Ethernet module is V4.14. Don't buy anything below that as there are various hardware and firmware issues with the older modules.

Note that the E080 doesn't provide remote control on the G2 series, only reporting. I designed the SelfMon LCE module (latest is the vmod) for this and it enables remote control with the free SelfMon apps and reporting with the SelfMon platform. It's a cheaper option over the E080.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the information. The RF portal is CO79-2. Version 3.00. Searching net re firmware upgrade states panel settings will be lost unless backed up with some sort of software. Would this still be the case with using the converter method and is there any other way around this? The SelfMon is the way forward I think if it has to be the current firmware without any issues.

Okay, yes that's the most recent portal. It depends how big the firmware jump is re the settings, but from 1.44 to 1.56, it will likely default. The only way to store the config for restoring is with Honeywell RSS.

You're best with V1.56, as the bug prior to 1.53 causes a 'final zone only' based alarm not to be reported as an event.

I don't think the final zone bug would be an issue as there is an exit pir on the landing aftering entering the front door, or would it ? Obviously ADT didn't think it an issue for the previous 9 years they were monitoring and maintaining it after their original install. If I were to do the update using the converter route I take it would be just be a matter of noting all the zone settings and then reprogramme them afterwards ? I am an advocate of "if it ain't broke don't try and fix it" mentality but due to the recent increase in break ins on the estate I need to add extra sensors to cover the patio doors area in my daughter's home. Thanks.

If the PIR captures the person upon opening the final, then it will not be an issue. However, the issue was first noticed when a customer set their system, left the premises and the lock on the final door was not properly latched. The door crept open sounding the alarm, but there was no report sent to the ARC. It may be that the error wasn't actually present pre 1.50, but I'm not sure about that as I've never tested. I just ensure that everything is at the most recent rev.

If you add the vmod, you can connect via Ethernet and take a copy of the panel settings with RSS and then restore them after upgrade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back