Galaxy Panel

fattony said:
I dont work for an alarm company they cant sack me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

maybe theres a gap in the market for an unofficial alarm maintenance techie ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

moderators - i do NOT support nor condone such actions.

Sponsored Links
Ive done some sub contract work for ADT, some of their installations are shocking, i saw a bell box was fixed by the cable :eek:

What they had done was tied a knot in the cable before poking it throught the hole to outside then with the bell box in place tied another knot in the cable, bell box fixed by the knots in the cable.

Lazy gits couldn't be arsed to carry a drill up the ladder!

ive been out of alarm engineering since before Part P was enforced and heres something i dont know....

if any part...what part of the building regs do alarm engineers come under now? Has part P affected them?

i know they have to work to BS 4737 ? (god i should remember that) and they must be NACOS approved.

anyone know?

Im pretty sure Part P doesn't affect alarm engineers as their systems are SELV if they are installing a spur then that obviously is covered by Part P, dedicated circuit obviously

Sponsored Links
Worked out how to reset the panel, powered down then removed the NVM chip, powered it back up and inserted the chip.

Defaulted to 1234 for user and 1122 for engineer.

Many thanks for all your help.

fattony said:
Ive done some sub contract work for ADT, some of their installations are shocking, i saw a bell box was fixed by the cable :eek:

What they had done was tied a knot in the cable before poking it throught the hole to outside then with the bell box in place tied another knot in the cable, bell box fixed by the knots in the cable.

Lazy gits couldn't be a***d to carry a drill up the ladder!

I like that, hehe, I'll remember that one for a friday afternoon when I wanna get home early, pmsl.

As for upgrading a scantronic panel for a old ADT panel, good luck, just hope its not one I get called out to fix, lol, we normally rip ADT out, and stick up a nice reliable panel, most customers are glad to get rid of them.

And at the ne dof the day, thats only the default code which will be changed when any reputible company installs a system.

The default codes are given in the install instructions.....

Factory defaulting takes the panel back to the 'out of the box' programming status, with default codes and programming.

Some panels do have a facility given in the manual(or kept low key) which will reset only the user and engineer code, keeping system programming intact.

Don't know the Galaxy well.

its a very old galaxy panel if it has an nvm chip.

There is a market for "alarm techie" but its catch 22.

to work on an alarm you have to know about it, but to work to the current regs you have to work for a registered company. but if you are a registered company you cant be a free lance alarm techie, because you are working for an alarm company

Oh bs4737 is obsolete, so is iso somethning or other, the latest is the european regs (don't kow number)

usefull tip for a galaxy

when in walk test press # * at same time twice, try it and see

to get back to "normal" do it again.

no the panel will not default, blow up, self destruct etc its just very usefull in walk test, but only works on older galaxy panels that are not galaxy 18 or above

Ripping out the ADT control panels, you cant beat the galaxy their great :cool: the 16+ and the 8 have new menu structures which are a little confusing, but i personally think they're the best.

Good luck to anyone that attempts to upgrade their old panel, programming is easy once you know how and remember 1k healthy 2k alarm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back