Galaxy 16+

Hey there, I know this is an old thread and I should prob create a new one, but I'm having issues with my ADT Galaxy 8+/16+.
My wife (same old story...) wasn't able to stop the alarm; system now says "Contact AlarmCo quoting 81124 code". I downloaded/read 3 manuals, but it seems there's no way out here other than paying ADT £300.

If I get my code in, I get a message saying: (3) alarms and pressing A/B buttons show me data about the alarms. I can't reset and it won't start again.

Any hint?

Sponsored Links
Your control panel is on remote reset and requires the correct reset code to reset your alarm.
You need the engineer code to reset the system back to customer reset.
If you can not get that code then you need to default the control panel back to factory reset then reprogram the alarm system

The reset codes that have been named here don't work - I always get "INVALID CODE".
If I try with my user code, I get into the menu, pressing esc and esc will get me to the "Call Alarm Co" msg
If I try with 1234 it says invalid code
If I try with 112233 it says invalid code

I am still around, but not as often .
I still wander in a look around.
But due to work and life I don't post to often.

Thanks nobbylon

Pleased that you got your system up and working.

Sponsored Links
They are default codes
You alarm system will have an Adt engineer code.That code will access your system,without that code you will need to default the system back to factory default by doing a specific reset function on your control panel.

without that code you will need to default the system back to factory default by doing a specific reset function on your control panel

any hint on what is the process to do a factory reset?

Depends on model of control panel ?
If old panel has battery mem link then page 18 of manual
If newer panel then you reset a different way

You need to confirm what control panel model you have ?
Page 18 of engineer manual online , you could be looking at user manual
As I said default procedure depends on model of control panel as you have hijacked this thread.

Hi I have 2 apartments, both with working Galaxy 16 plus alarms fitted at the same time. I have the engineers/manager/user codes. I used the engineers code to replace the battery in the control box as stated in manual in one apartment but in the other the engineers code brings up invalid code on keypad. Does that mean the engineers code has been altered by a previous engineer and if so how can I restore the default codes please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back