Galaxy 16+ manual

all the keypads beep, but they are not very loud, thats why it has a speaker option

rkp.jpg

Sponsored Links
i gotcha. so you dont think i should bother with the internal sounder? just get a 8ohm speaker?

there is no official connection for an internal siren.

but there is for a speaker

oh, guess what
icon_edit.gif
this button is for? (makes reading posts easier)

Sponsored Links
Ok breezer thanks for that. I think the internal siren was connected in parallel with the external before.

thats a bad thing to do.

if all 4 wires are connected in paralel it stops both the external and internal sounder's tamper from working

thats a bad thing to do.

if all 4 wires are connected in paralel it stops both the external and internal sounder's tamper from working

what you on about? you`ll confuse the O/P if your not carefull

parallel the internal siren across 12v and trigger will work fine, one thing you should check first is that if you DO use a speaker the tones may be too loud

Thanks for your Input Atilla I personally think that the tones from my keypad will be ample as this will be fitted in the hallway.

So i can fit the internal siren aswell as the external! gr8 i can defen the beggers if they try comin in.

Atilla, i said

thats a bad thing to do.

most people will connect all 4 wires in paralel, which will as i said stop both sounders tampers from working, think about it.

+, - , ringer and.............. return.

each return will send a -ve back, so in order for the alarm to notice something is wrong, you will have to remove BOTH tamper returns.

That is what i am "on about"

daweorama, you can connect the internal siren as well, i never said you cant, what i said is

if all 4 wires are connected in paralel

you will end up with 8 wires 2 of each of four colours, naturally you would connect them up in pairs of same colour, it will work, but if any one tampers with either siren , the panel will not know.

The thing is that you do not pair them all up.

Atilla, i said

thats a bad thing to do.

most people will connect all 4 wires in paralel, which will as i said stop both sounders tampers from working, think about it.

+, - , ringer and.............. return.

each return will send a -ve back, so in order for the alarm to notice something is wrong, you will have to remove BOTH tamper returns.

That is what i am "on about"

daweorama, you can connect the internal siren as well, i never said you cant, what i said is

if all 4 wires are connected in paralel

you will end up with 8 wires 2 of each of four colours, naturally you would connect them up in pairs of same colour, it will work, but if any one tampers with either siren , the panel will not know.

The thing is that you do not pair them all up.

might be a six core (or an eight) and only five are used - oooh scary, like I said stop confusing the issue

INTERNAL SIRENS CONNECT ACROSS THE 12V AND THE TRIGGER - job done

i never said they dont.

i am saying that if its using 4 wires...............

it would be a common mistake to make.

I would also still suggest a speaker as oppsoed to the internal siren so if there is a tamper fault and the tv is on at least you will know about it.

the external sounder will only activate if the alarm is set

the external sounder will only activate if the alarm is set

unfortunatly thats incorrect too, bellbox tampers or panic activations? to name a couple of possible triggers, there are others but I dont want to confuse the O/P

nothing personal

nothing peronal taken, if you see what i mean.

try it and see, you will find on a galaxy you are not correct.

pa will set the bell off as you say (unless its silent) but a tamper, line fault, low battery, rio missing, etc wont set the external sounder off if unset.

try it and see, you will find on a galaxy you are not correct.

pa will set the bell off as you say (unless its silent) but a tamper, line fault, low battery, rio missing, etc wont set the external sounder off if unset.

thats true, but as I said somethings will.......guess you dont live next to someone with a 700L, evil panel that is and everytime they activate the chime it shakes the plates off the wall LOL

interestingly ADT have gone over to not using loudspeakers on domestics now, wonder why?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back