Galaxy 16 / 16 Plus Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone out there can help. I have what looks like a Galaxy 16 or 16 plus home alarm.

//www.diynot.com/network/jimbobamboom/albums/11872/44423

For some time now it has displayed "Engineer Mode". I'm not sure of the implications of being stuck in this mode but I'd like it to return to normal. I have the user manual, which doesn't help here. I do have the Engineer code, I'm sure, because with it I can change the Manager code. I've tried keying the 4 digit Engineer Code then pressing "Esc", and the same with the Manager Code. No luck.
Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
you need the national installer code. Contact the company who fitted it ad they will default the system for you, at a price.

dont know if this will help....but it worked on my old alarm.....
press esc until engineer mode is displayed, then enter the engineer code and press esc once, then it should go back to normal mode.

i dont think the tamper alarm thingys work if its stuck in engineer mode ...

ps....ur photo is upside down..... :D

you may want to ask for this to b moved to the alarms forum for better advice

Diane

Thanks peaps. It was installed by the builder, who has long gone. Whatis the national installer code?

Sponsored Links
That is a MK7 Galaxy keypad.
You probably have the 16+. What does it say on the main panel, there will be a sticker in the middle at the top.
You need the engineer code, enter it and press ESC. If that does not work then you need it reprogramming or the people that installed it to come back.

Tampers are now affected.

dont know if this will help....but it worked on my old alarm.....
press esc until engineer mode is displayed, then enter the engineer code and press esc once, then it should go back to normal mode.

i dont think the tamper alarm thingys work if its stuck in engineer mode ...

ps....ur photo is upside down..... :D

you may want to ask for this to b moved to the alarms forum for better advice

Diane

Thanks Diane. I did this and it comes up with:

1 Module Tamper
<, > to View

When I view it, it says, "Keypad 0". I press 0. Nothing happens. I press Esc, it goes back one screen. if I press Ent, it returns to the Engineer mode. Any idea what this might mean?

That is a MK7 Galaxy keypad.
You probably have the 16+. What does it say on the main panel, there will be a sticker in the middle at the top.
You need the engineer code, enter it and press ESC. If that does not work then you need it reprogramming or the people that installed it to come back.

Tampers are now affected.

Thanks Alarm. Does Engineer mode affect it's operation? Will it still still work normally when set? I haven't tested it. Perhaps I should?

1 module tamper is a fault,
Keypad 0 is the one your working from. The back tamper is not set correctly. Get a small driver and under the keypad is two slots, push up and pull from the bottom.
Then set the cable back on neat and clip back on putting the top in first and then go thru the procedure again.

1 module tamper is a fault,
Keypad 0 is the one your working from. The back tamper is not set correctly. Get a small driver and under the keypad is two slots, push up and pull from the bottom.
Then set the cable back on neat and clip back on putting the top in first and then go thru the procedure again.

Thanks. I've got the keypad off.There is a green PCB and four wires into - + A & B. There are held by screws in what looks like a fixed black unit attached to the PCB. What cable should i be setting back on neat?

The only one there, that goes to A,B + -.

They should sit in the recess on the back plate, the little red button is the tamper switch and you can just see the nodule it has to sit on.

They should sit in the recess on the back plate, the little red button is the tamper switch and you can just see the nodule it has to sit on.
Thanks Alarm. I see the red button. And I see the nodule. I also found a bit of cardboard. I'm guessing the installer put the cardboard in perhaps because the button isn't aligning with the nodule?
If I leave it in Engineer mode, will the alarm still operate as normal?

Ahh a bodge.
Remove the nodule and put a small screw and plug into the wall and back it out slowly as you recheck for a clear tamper on module.

You can but the tampers will be not monitored.

Thanks Alarm. I see the red button. And I see the nodule. I also found a bit of cardboard. I'm guessing the installer put the cardboard in perhaps because the button isn't aligning with the nodule?
If I leave it in Engineer mode, will the alarm still operate as normal?
I've just put the cardboard back and seated it to ensure the red button is properly depressed and ..... BINGO!! All is now as it should be!

Thank you all VERY much. This is the first time I've used DIYnot and really impressed at such quick and helpful responses.

Ahh a bodge.
Remove the nodule and put a small screw and plug into the wall and back it out slowly as you recheck for a clear tamper on module.

You can but the tampers will be not monitored.

I put my previous response in befire I saw your "Bodge" comment. :LOL:

It should be fine, but not something I would do. A small screw drilled and plugged is the way to go.

Glad to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back