Galaxy 16 alarm is active beeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have an unmonitored galaxy 16 security system, I had a telecoms failure and we saw an error message saying "engineer reset required" I used a code on this website of 1122, but now I have an error of "alarm is active" and loud beeping noise. Can anyone help. I have small children who cannot sleep and am desperate. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hello I am now left my original problem. I require an Engineer reset required code. Can anyone help? It used to be ADT maintained but I couldn't afford the maintenance. I live in pinner, Middlesex, greater London thanks in advance

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi. I have an unmonitored galaxy 16 security system, I had a telecoms failure and we saw an error message saying "engineer reset required" I used a code on this website of 1122, but now I have an error of "alarm is active" and loud beeping noise. Can anyone help. I have small children who cannot sleep and am desperate. Thanks in advance

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/galaxy-16-alarm-is-active-beeping.435339/#3392733#ixzz3bHFDJFMF

You need the engineering code which ADT will not give you. There's a defaulting procedure, but you'd need to work that out.

I assume that you've managed to silence the unit now ?

The trouble with the Galaxy 16 is that the menu structure is different from the normal Galaxy panels, so the regular manuals don't apply. The best thing to do (if you're technically minded) is replace the panel with a G2-12 for around £30.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back